A Hopp'in BarufFeast

A HOPP'IN BARUFFEAST IS FULL! See everyone else in March!

Saturday, February 18th at
630pm (note time change from 730pm)

The menu is decided!
Thanks to Gina, Terry, Mom and Dad for inspirational ideas!
Gourmet Pizza evening with 4 varieties. All of them will be cooked on the FAMOUS Big John's Pizza Queen pizza doughs.

1. Thai chicken (contains peanuts)
2. Arugula/feta cheese/ sauteed onion (vegetarian)
3. Truffle/Mushroom and Asiago (vegetarian)
4. Chicken Fajita (spicy)
5. Sauce and mozzarella (with and without hot italian sausage)

Mission

Mission: Provide an open space for friends and family who feel welcome to come and enjoy my 'slow food' dinners, once per month. Bring friends and whatever you can contribute!

Once dinners are closed, they're closed! So sign up when you can.

Stay tuned for updates, dinner dates/times and recipes! Don't hesitate to share your ideas or to request a theme-dinner. I'm always up for a good challenge. :)

Monday, October 24, 2011

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad!


Happy 34th Anniversary to Russell and Marie! To celebrate, we did the following:

Mixed green and arugula salad with lemon, olive oil, dijon mustard and pepper dressing

Rustic Boule-style loaf 

So, I was a bit torn on the dinner-portion. When I lived in Madrid, I was very accustomed to making (screwing up, at first) paella. But once I mastered it, I made it regularly. Since my return to the states, I made it only one time! My rice-making adventures have been almost exclusively with risotto.

So what's a fella to do for his parent's anniversary? Pae-sotto is the answer, folks!

Scallop, clam and asparagus Pae-sotto with saffron and chardonnay, a slight modification to the traditional scallop and mushroom risotto recipe in the linked book above.

Accompanying the Pae-sotto was pan seared (any white) fish. I used Tilapia. Patted in flour, then pan seared, topped with a diced tomato and pineapple, cilantro, lime and lime zest and thai chili salsa, the basics of which came from here, I improvised the rest.

Vegetable side dish was roasted yellow squash and zuchini topped with "Marrakesh" seasoning (Thyme, cinnamon, cumin and coriander) and olive oil.







1 comment: